Apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Award and get a chance to win $5000, and also be ready to attend the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Award Summit hosted at Prudential headquarters in Newark, NJ. All the important details about the Prudential Spirit of Community Award are given below.
About Prudential Spirit of Community Award
American Scholarship | Young people are recognized nationally through the Prudential Emerging Visionaries program for their creative approaches to societal and financial problems in their local communities. A youngster with a big idea for impact and a plan to make it happen is an emerging visionary.
A partnership between Prudential and Ashoka, a preeminent organization in the field of social impact, has resulted in Prudential Emerging Visionaries. We want to accelerate a world where everyone is aware of their ability to affect change by empowering young people to become changemakers.
Host Organization: Prudential Financial, Inc.
Scholarship Name: Prudential Spirit of Community Award
Eligible Candidate: All young people in grades 5 through 12 who reside in one of the 50 United States or Washington, D.C., and who have participated in a volunteer service activity within the previous year, are eligible for the award.
Number of Awards: 25.
Awarded Every Year: Yes.
Awarded Amount: Benefits Up to $500
Academic Credential: Grades 5-12
Also, Consider: Zombie Apocalypse Scholarship – $2000 Award
Prudential Spirit of Community Award Eligibility –
To apply for the Prudential Spirit of Community Award, the following criteria must be fulfilled –
- One application per person.
- Participants must be citizens of either Puerto Rico or the United States.
- Participants must be between the ages of 14 and 18 at the time of application and must not be older than 18 by the end of the entrance period (November 3, 2022). Partners and groups are ineligible.
- Projects must have been initiated by participants on or before June 1, 2022.
- In-person competition winners are required to bring one guardian from April 22–25, 2023.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- Emerging Visionaries with a Virtuous Community Spirit State and national honorees are ineligible to apply.
- Prudential, Ashoka, Financial Health Network, or any of its affiliates, as well as the children and grandchildren of those employees, are NOT eligible to apply.
Selection Process Prudential Spirit of Community Award –
The selection board will be selecting Changemakers who can succinctly respond to a variety of inquiries about the goals of their project, how it operates, and their change-making experience.
The following standards will be applied while judging entries –
- Are you applying innovative thinking to improve your community’s social problems or to strengthen your financial health and resiliency?
- Do you have any future goals in mind? Does this idea have the potential to scale even outside of your local neighborhood and will it have a significant impact?
- Do you have a strong connection to the community you are presenting your solution to? Do you have a thorough awareness of the issue or barrier you are attempting to overcome?
- Are you driven to bring about change for the greater good of everybody, prepared to take the lead or act to address an issue, and seeking to inspire others?
Also, Apply – Walt Disney Company UNCF Corporate Scholars program
Scholarship Benefits / Awards
Each and every eligible participant will get:
- Peer review via the Challenge’s online platform, with access to other Prudential Emerging Visionaries applicants for viewing and connecting with.
- access to pieces of training available on demand to help you on your path to transformation.
- A digital certificate of participation.
- The possibility, if your application is filed by September 29, 2022, is to be chosen for one of two ($1,000 each) Early Entry Awards.
Winners will Receive:
– Up to $15,000 in cash, distributed as follows:
- Each of the 25 winners will earn $5,000, with 20 coming from the category of societal solutions and 5 coming from the field of financial solutions.
- The five Financial Solutions category winners will be asked to pitch at the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s headquarters. Following that, the winner of the grand prize for Financial Solutions will be given an extra $10,000 award, for a total of $15,000.
- The Prudential Employees’ Choice Award, worth an additional $5,000, will be given to one winner in each category during the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit at Prudential’s corporate headquarters. It should be noted that the Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner is not qualified to receive the Prudential Employees’ Choice Award.
All 25 winners will receive all-expenses-paid travel to Prudential’s headquarters in Newark, New Jersey, on April 22-25, 2023, alongside a parent or guardian for the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Awards Summit. Participants will benefit from mentoring, skill development, and the chance to engage with senior leaders from Prudential during this exciting experience, which will help them advance their solutions.
Important Dates –
- November 3, 2022 (11:59 PM ET): Final entry deadline.
- November 8-25, 2022: Screening and Community Review.
- December 2022 – February 2023: Community Engagement Activities (more details to be shared on the community space calendar).
- February 21, 2023: Winners Announcement.
- April 22-25, 2023: Winners attend the Prudential Emerging Visionaries Award Summit hosted at Prudential headquarters in Newark, NJ. Prudential Employees’ Choice Award Winner and Financial Solutions Grand Prize Winner are announced.
- April – June 2023: Coaching for winning individuals.
Important Links –
Photo by Max Fischer
More American Scholarship
- Congressman John Lewis Scholarship | UNCF Scholarship
- Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship – Undergrad / Graduate
- Oracle Developer Scholarship | Computer science scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship | US International scholarship
- UNCF Toyota Scholars Program – HBCUs Scholarship
- Pixelplex Scholarship | $2000 Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship