Gates Scholarship – Full details, Eligibility, Application Process, Important dates, Scholarship benefits, etc. All the important details are given below.
Bill Gates and Melinda Gates Foundation feel pleasure to invite students for The Gates Scholarship. It is an amazing opportunity for most -eligible, minority & high school students.
Gates & Melinda foundation awarded each year 300 students for intent the confidence & trust in the mind of the student and make more potential. There are many more Bill & Melinda Gates Scholarships and internships for international students. This foundation gives various opportunities to the students for a shiny future
About the Gates Scholarship
Gates foundation genuinely helps those people who are struggling themselves from extreme hunger and poverty. The foundation believes that each person has equal value and must have good health and a better lifestyle, so it gives chance to the people to get out of poverty.
Field of study
Gates scholarship is open for high school seniors or undergraduate students, No matter if they study in any field of their choice.
Must read – Microsoft Internship program for all countries – Fully funded
It is a national scholarship and you can receive and use the Gates Scholarship award only in the USA.
Bill & Melinda scholarship searching minority, US citizen, national or permanent residence can only eligible for this scholarship.
Deserving Scholar will receive funding for the full cost of attendance that is not received from other financial aid and expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid(FAFSA).
Note- the cost of attendance includes tuition, fees, room, board, books, and transportation, and may include other personal costs.
The candidates who are eligible for Gates Scholarship must have been:
- A high school senior
- From at least one of the following ethnicity: African American/American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and /or Hispanic American.
- Us citizen, national or permanent resident
- In good academic With a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (equivalent)
- A candidate must plan to enroll full-time, in a four-year degree program, at us accredited, not-for-profit, private, or public college or university.
An ideal candidate should have:
- An outstanding record in high school( in the top 10% of his/her graduating class).
- Demonstrated leadership ability ( e.g., as shown through participation in community service, extracurricular, etc.)
- Exceptional personal success skills(e.g., emotional, maturity, motivation, perseverance, etc.)
How you can apply for the Gates Scholarship?
1. Official website
2. Not have already account, create one
3. Fill the application form
Here are some important dates to keep in your mind –
- The application portal opens July 15 and accepts applications until September 15.
- Deadline – 15 September
- Semifinalist – Dec-Jan
- Finalist – Mar
- Selection- April
- Award- July-September
For better for worse