Gilman-McCain Scholarship | Apply for the Gilman-McCain Scholarship in America, Check Availability, About Scholarship, Eligibility & Process to apply for the Scholarship. All are requested to follow the Instruction given below to Apply for the Scholarships.
Undergraduate dependent children of active duty service members are eligible for a scholarship to study or intern overseas for credit. For students who will be studying or interning abroad between December 1, 2022, and October 23, 2023, this deadline applies.
About Gilman-McCain Scholarship
The Gilman-McCain Scholarship from the U.S. Department of State offers awards of $5,000 to undergraduate children and spouses of active-duty or activated U.S. military personnel at the time of application (including members of the Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve, Marine Corps, Navy, Space Force, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and USPHS Commissioned Corps). The John McCain International Scholarship for Military Families (Gilman-McCain Scholarship), created within the framework of the State Department’s Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship Program, is available to qualified students enrolled at accredited U.S. colleges and universities who receive any type of Title IV federal financial aid.
The Gilman-McCain Scholarship is a congressionally funded initiative of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs at the U.S. Department of State and is named after the late senator John S. McCain from Arizona. With the support of the U.S. Congress, this scholarship honors the Senator’s legacy of public service by enabling children and spouses of active or activated United States military personnel to develop leadership and career readiness skills and global perspective to pursue careers of service and contribute to preserving the principles and alliances that are critical to an international order based on the rule of law, human rights, and democracy.
Host Organisation: U.S Department of State Bureau of Educational & Cultural Affairs.
Donor: Benjamin A. Gilman
Eligible Candidates: A first-year undergraduate student enrolled full-time in a two or four-year institution of higher learning in the United States that has been accredited.
Number of Awards: N/A
Award Every Year: Yes.
Benefits: Earn up to $5000.
Note: All applicants will be notified of their status via email in early December 2022.
Also Check: Afsa 2nd chance scholarship – USA $1000 Award
Gilman-McCain Scholarship Eligibility-
- A resident or national of the US
- A first-year undergraduate student who is enrolled and in good standing in a US university.
- Dependent (spouse or kid) of an active or activated member of the US military at the time of application – including Air Force, Air Force Reserve, Air National Guard, Coast Guard, Coast Guard Reserve, Marine Corps, Marine Corps Reserve, Navy, Navy Reserve, Space Force, NOAA Commissioned Corps, and USPHS Commissioned Corps
- Received Title IV federal financial help of any kind at the time of application, or can demonstrate that they will receive it while participating in a study abroad or internship program
- applying for or being accepted into a study abroad or internship program that awards academic credits. Prior to award payment, program acceptance documentation is needed.
Apply for: Abacus Scholarship | US undergraduate $1000 Award – Apply Now
Some Important Guidelines for Essays-
- Before uploading the file to your online application, write your essays in a word processing program. Please set each of your articles in Times New Roman 12-point font with 1-inch margins.
- Your essay should be written in the form of paragraphs rather than as numerical answers to the application’s questions.
- The maximum number of characters in the statement of purpose essay is 7,000. (including spaces).
- The Building Mutual Understanding Essay has a character count cap of 3,000. (including spaces).
- The Follow-On Service Project Proposal has a character count cap of 3,000. (including spaces).
- The Critical Need Language Award optional essay is limited to 2,000 characters (including spaces).
- Make sure your essays respond to the prompt or theme.
- Once you’ve uploaded your essays to the application, please preview them to make sure the right file was uploaded.
A Few Writing Advice for Competitive Essays-
- Check your essay for errors.
- Team up with your advisers.
- Work with the campus writing center.
- Verify the grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Be innovative.
Application Closing Date: October 06th, 2022
|Official Page:||Click Here|
|Apply for the Scholarship:||Click Here|
|Eligibility / Non Eligibility Expenses:||Download PDF|
If you have any questions regarding your application or scholarship, please Query at-
Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
Phone: 800 852 2141
More Latest Scholarship in America
- Congressman John Lewis Scholarship | UNCF Scholarship
- Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship – Undergrad / Graduate
- Oracle Developer Scholarship | Computer science scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship | US International scholarship
- UNCF Toyota Scholars Program – HBCUs Scholarship
- Pixelplex Scholarship | $2000 Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship