Apply for the Larry Ted May Scholarship – Check Eligibility, Awards, Instruction & Application Process to Apply for the Scholarships.
Juniors in college who are legal residents of Connecticut, Georgia, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or Vermont are eligible for the scholarship. A Black/African American, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, or Pacific Islander applicant is required. Students that are majoring in music at an HBCU will be given preference.
About Larry Ted May Scholarship
Larry Ted May of Atlanta, Georgia, was an educator, a preacher of the good news of Jesus Christ, a gifted church pianist, and a member of the community. He collaborated with former President Jimmy Carter on The Atlanta Project, a ground-breaking initiative to aid marginalized groups of citizens in finding solutions to some of their own issues. He was passionate about working with young people to help them realize their full potential. He was a man who lived among us and was ahead of his time.
In order to support a student of color who will be beginning their junior year in the fall of 2022, the Larry Ted May Scholarship was established. One student will receive $9,680.00 in total from the scholarship: $4,840.00 in their junior year and $4,840.00 in their senior year. If the chosen student is eligible for renewal, the award will be given in the academic years 2022–2023 and 2023–2024.
Host Organisation: UNCF
Scholarship’s Name: Larry Ted May Scholarship
Eligible Candidates: Candidates must be enrolled in 4 years college program & a Black/African American, Indigenous, Latino, Asian, or Pacific Islander applicant is required. Students that are majoring in music at an HBCU will be given preference.
Number of Awards: N/A
Awarded Every Year: Yes
Award Amount: Benefits up to $4840.
Note: About 8 weeks after the scholarship’s closing date, students who have been selected as recipients will be notified.
Ethnicities: Hispanic American / Asian Pacific Islander American / American Indian – Alaska Native / African American/Black
Larry Ted May Scholarship Eligibility-
- At the time of the award, the recipient must be a full-time junior in college enrolled in any four-year accredited college or university.
- must have shown the unmet financial need, as determined by the financial aid administration at the student’s college or university.
- Every year, you must submit a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Be a person who identifies as non-white and is not white, or who is mixed race.
- Possess a track of civic engagement, leadership, and community service.
- Must hold a cumulative GPA of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students majoring in music who attend HBCUs will be given preference.
- Essay: Applicants must submit a one-page personal statement online that discusses their enthusiasm for pursuing a particular professional objective. The essay prompt is available on the application.
- By September 15, 2022, applications must be submitted online through UNCF’s scholarship application portal. The application must be completed on its whole and submitted by the deadline.
- A present transcript that extends through to the summer or spring of 2022. The transcript need not be official, but it should include the student’s name and overall GPA.
- An Applicant is being a citizen of one of the following states on a permanent basis: Massachusetts / New Hampshire / Pennsylvania / Rhode Island / Connecticut / Georgia / Maine / Vermont
Application Start Date: August 1st, 2022.
Application Closing Date: September 16th, 2022.
|Scholarship’s Official Page:||Click Here|
|Organization Website:||Click Here|
|Apply for the Scholarships:||Click Here|
If you have any other questions or need more information please Query to the given email address:
More Latest Scholarship for America
- Congressman John Lewis Scholarship | UNCF Scholarship
- Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship – Undergrad / Graduate
- Oracle Developer Scholarship | Computer science scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship | US International scholarship
- UNCF Toyota Scholars Program – HBCUs Scholarship
- Pixelplex Scholarship | $2000 Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship