Apply for the Hispanic scholarship (Hispanic health professional student scholarship), Check Eligibility, Application Process, Requirements, and Apply Online. Students enrolling full-time in an accredited graduate school in dentistry, medicine (allopathic or osteopathic), pharmacy, nursing, public health, or health policy are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Although applicants need not be Hispanic, they must have a passion for improving the well-being of Hispanic communities and an interest in NHHF Scholars Alumnus activities. The student must be an American citizen, a lawful permanent resident, or a beneficiary of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.
About Hispanic scholarship
The National Hispanic Medical Foundation, which served as the charitable arm of the National Hispanic Medical Association, was renamed the National Hispanic Health Foundation (NHHF) in 1994. The Foundation’s goal is to fund initiatives in education and research that would enhance the health of Latinos.
For medical, nursing, dental, pharmacy, public health, and health care policy students with exceptional academic records, leadership, and who are dedicated to serving Hispanics, the NHHF established the Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship program in 2004. The program also included its first Gala in New York City. The mentioned year, NHHF invited the Wagner Graduate School of Public Service, NYU, the Latino Caucus of American Public Health Association, the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, the Hispanic Dental Association, and an honorary committee of New York elected officials to assist in introducing NHHF’s first ten scholarships.
By partnering with the United Health Foundation (UHF) in 2007, NHHF was able to enhance the number of scholarships it gave out. In NHHF’s collaboration with UHF, scholarship winners are paired with professionals for a one-on-one mentoring program that focuses on their professional development. As of January 2022, 324 scholarship winners had received more than $1.737 million from NHHF. This year, the scholarship will offer a three-year, maximum reward of $5,000 in addition to individual prizes of $2,000 each.
Host Organisation: NHHF – National Hispanic Health Foundation.
Scholarship Name: The Hispanic Health Professional Student Scholarship.
Eligible Candidate: Scholarship is available to students who are citizens of the United States and are enrolled full-time in a recognized graduate program in dentistry, medical (allopathic or osteopathic), pharmacy, nursing, public health, or health policy.
Number of awards: 15-20 Awards per year.
Awarded Every Year: Yes
Award Amount: Benefits up to $5000
Note: You must submit an enrollment verification from your university in addition to your last year’s transcript if you are a first-year student and do not have a current transcript of your upcoming classes. This will demonstrate that you have been admitted into graduate programs for healthcare professionals.
Also Check: Larry Ted May Scholarship | UNCF Scholarships
Hispanic scholarship eligibility –
- 3.0 GPA or Passing (pass/fail Grade)
- Excellent academic achievements, proven leadership abilities, and a dedication to a career in the provision of healthcare services to the Hispanic community in the United States
- Be enrolled full-time in one of the following recognized programs: Master of Public Health or Health Policy; Physician Associate; Dentistry (MD or DO); Pharmacy; Nursing (including BSN degree); or Dentistry.
- Any student enrolling full-time in one of the following authorized graduate programs on a U.S. basis is eligible for the 2022 National Hispanic Health Professionals Scholarship:
- Medicine: allopathic or osteopathic
- Nursing (including BSN)
- Master of Public Health or Health Policy
- Physician Associate
Also Check: NEWH | Cincinnati chapter scholarship – US Undergraduate Scholarship
Hispanic scholarship Application Requirements-
- Unofficial transcript
- Proofs of DACA status, residency, or U.S. citizenship.
- Recommendation letter (one letter only)
- CVs that are currently in effect.
- Personal statement with career objectives (double-spaced, two-page maximum)
Application Closing Date: September 23rd, 2022.
|Official Home Page:||Click Here|
|Organization Websites:||Click Here|
|Apply for the scholarship:||Click Here|
For inquiries regarding scholarship applications or other details:
Please Send the letter via Email or by Mailing Address given below:
NHHF Mailing Address:
1920 L Street, NW Suite 200
Washington, D.C. 20036
Hispanic scholarship Faqs
Who is eligible to apply for the 2022 Hispanic Scholarship?
Are applicants required to be Hispanic?
What are the qualifications for the Hispanic Scholarship?
2. outstanding academic achievements, proven leadership abilities, and a dedication to a career in the provision of healthcare services to the Hispanic community in the United States.
3. Be enrolled full-time in one of the following authorized programs: Master of Public Health or Health Policy; Physician Associate; Dentistry (MD or DO); Pharmacy; Nursing (including BSN degree); or Dentistry.Your reference letter must be written by a professor who has taught you in the past or a supervisor. Please send your letter of recommendation through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is eligible to write my recommendation letter?
How many students receive Hispanic scholarship per year?
I’m a student in high school or college; am I qualified for the NHHF Scholarship?
More Latest American Scholarship
- Congressman John Lewis Scholarship | UNCF Scholarship
- Semi-Annual Pumphrey Law Scholarship – Undergrad / Graduate
- Oracle Developer Scholarship | Computer science scholarship
- Novus Biologicals Scholarship | US International scholarship
- UNCF Toyota Scholars Program – HBCUs Scholarship
- Pixelplex Scholarship | $2000 Bi-Annual STEM Scholarship