Apply for Swami Vivekanand Scholarship – Eligibility Criteria, Scholarship Benefits, Programs, Merit selection criteria, Renewal process, all the necessary details are given below.
About Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
A piece of good news for West Bengal students. West Bengal introducing a Scholarship Scheme “Swami Vivekanand Scholarship scheme” which is generally for the students belonging to economically backward sections in the state of West Bengal. The government of West Bengal is giving scholarship schemes at different levels of higher studies, at different educational institutions of West Bengal.
Scopes in Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
- The Swami Vivekanand Scholarship is beneficial for students who were regular students of class 11, 12, and undergraduate students whether they are from science /commerce /arts & Technical Management. This particular scholarship is given to the very deserving candidate on merit cum criteria.
- The student who is applying for this should pass in years 2019 & 2020 (students are unable to get admission in the year 2019 due to some unavoidable reason) with at least (1) 75% marks scored in the previous examination from the West Bengal board of secondary education /West Bengal council for higher secondary education/Madrasa Education for higher secondary level or graduation level Scholarship (2)Candidates should score 75% marks in diploma but the institute is approved by AICTE and affiliated to WBSCT & VE & SD for undergraduate scholarship(The 2nd year pharmacy course is done through lateral entry)(3) Student must score 53% marks in Graduation (in honors subject) from any state university will be ok for post-graduate-level scholarship (General Education)/55% marks in graduation from any state of the institution or AICTE approved institute of West Bengal for postgraduate Scholarship (engineering/Technology/Pharmacy).
- The students who enter M.Phil courses & Doctoral courses from the state-aided institutions will come into the preview of this particular scholarship scheme.
- The candidate’s family income has been fixed at Rs. 250000/ per annum.
The payment mode of the Swamivivekanand Scholarship is direct beneficiary transfer only, it requires Bank details of the applicant A/c no. , bank name Ifsc code of the bank is compulsory.
- Candidates don’t have to submit a hard copy of the application form.
- Candidates Occupying this scholarship will are not able to enjoy any other government.
Check – Aikyashree Scholarship | West Bengal Minority scholarship
|DIRECTORATE||COURSE||Eligibility Criteria||SCHOLARSHIP RATE PER MONTH (RS.)|
|DPI||UG (ARTS)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG(COMMERCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|UG (SCIENCE)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|UG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|PG (ARTS)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (COMMERCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2000/-|
|PG (SCIENCE)||At least 53% marks for SVMCM and 45% for Kanyashree(K3 applicants in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|PG (OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES, UGC APPROVED)||At least 53% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||2500/-|
|NON NET M.PHIL./NON NET PH.D.||Date of Enrolment/Date of Registration not before 01.04.2017||5000/- / 8000/- Respectively|
|DSE||HS||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1000/-|
|DTE||UG (ENGG.), PG (ENGG.) AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL COURSES (AICTE APPROVED)||UG: 1. 75% 2. 75% in Diploma Course from WBSCT&VE&SD for lateral entry scheme. PG: 55% in Graduation from any State University/AICTE approved institute in West Bengal||5000/-|
|DTE&T||POLYTECHNIC (DIPLOMA COURSES)||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||1500/-|
|DME||UG (MEDICAL-DEGREE) AND DIPLOMA COURSES||At least 75% marks in Last Qualifying Exam||5000/- AND 1500/- RESPECTIVELY|
Eligibility Criteria for Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
- The total family income of the students will not cross more than 250,000.
- If any falsification is found in the document of income certificate at any stage, it will consider a great offense and may cause serious disciplinary action. It may cause different ways:
(1). It may cause compulsory and immediate refund of the amount of Scholarship which was already enjoyed by the Scholar.
(2). It may seize all the benefits which were given to the Scholar for their studies and will not be able to apply for any government Scholarship in the future.
(3). Applicant may also face attracting penal provisions of other relevant laws at the time being in force.
Merit selection Criteria for Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
For High School students:
The candidate should have the minimum qualifying score for this award is 75%, in Madhyamik Pariksha, the 75% marks of the candidate in Madhyamik Pariksha will not include additional subject marks. If anyone will found in false consideration then they will directly out from the West Bengal board of secondary education.
Apply for – Sonu Sood scholarship | Sambhavam Apply Online
For Diploma Students (Polytechnic under DT&T) :
For diploma, the candidates will also have to score 75% marks in the examination for applying for this Swamivivekanand Scholarship( additional subject marks will be excluded in it ).the candidate who passes the secondary board examination started above in 2020 0r 2019( candidates unable to get admission in the year 2019 due to unavoidable reason.)
For Undergraduates students :
The candidate should score 75% marks for Qualifying for this particular Scholarship. In the H.S examination conducted by the W.B council of H.S education /Madrasah Siksha Parishad. For U.G (commerce), UG (science) separate merit list will prepare.
For P.G students:
For P.G candidates should score 53% marks in graduate in the honors subject. The marks obtained in the Honours subject will only decide that the candidate will be academically eligible for this or not. Kanyashree receipts (K-2) (married /unmarried) entering into post-graduation in science /arts /commerce. Candidates must score 45% marks in undergraduates. In this, there is no need to submit any income certificate this also comes into swami Vivekanand merit-cum-means scholarship scheme.
Process of application and Sanction
Candidates belonging to different categories will submit their application form to the online portal. in terms of Scholarship, cases would be arranged in descending order, and Scholarships would be sanctioned as per fund and merit list. the fund will transfer to the more deserving student accounts if the documents are in proper order.
Renewal of Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
Candidates who apply for the renewal of the scholarship must submit an online application form to the concerned sanctioning authority within one month from the date of admission in the next class due to promotion by passing on the first attempt. (in case candidates clear all semesters in the first attempt). Renewal cases will be sanctioned subject to very good academic performance (candidate minimum obtained 60% marks in combining both semesters)and have scored 50% marks (combined both semesters) at postgraduate level.
Steps of renewal of SVMCM Scholarship of General degree/Post Graduate degree students under the directorate of public instruction.
- 1st Renewal: Sem 1, sem 2 mark sheets are required in the 1st renewal.
- 2nd Renewal: Sem 3 and Sem 4 mark sheets will be required.
Steps of renewal of SVMCM Scholarship of MBBS Students
- 1st renewal: with submission of 1st MBBS mark sheet.
- 2nd renewal: The student of 5th-semester MBBS, if applying for the 2nd renewal will have to furnish a certificate from the principal stating that has obtained 60% marks in semester 4 in all subject. These candidates will only be eligible for this Scholarship.
- 3rd renewal: 2nd prof MBBS Marksheet will require for this third renewal.
Important Links for Swami Vivekanand Scholarship
Swami Vivekanand Scholarship – Official Notification
Swami Vivekanand Scholarship – Apply Online