Black students who want to work in healthcare can apply for the Tampax Flow IT Forward Scholarship. For this scholarship, you must be a junior enrolled full-time in a four-year HBCU. You must also exhibit a dedication to health-related community service, a desire to pursue a medical specialty that has an influence on women’s health, and an emphasis on Black community health.
About the Tampax flow IT forward Scholarship
Tampax, the top-selling tampon brand from Procter & Gamble (P&G), believes that everyone has a right to know their own body and that information is power. Beginning with the Tampax Flow It Forward Scholarship Program, which was established to support the following generation of Black female doctors and healthcare professionals, Tampax is on a mission to eliminate the misinformation surrounding health and period care, ensure equal representation, and ensure access to medical resources.
Also Check: Working Parent Scholarship Award – Apply Online
The Tampax Flow IT Forward Scholarship Program, which was created in collaboration with UNCF, will award scholarships of up to $10,000 to African American college juniors who attend HBCUs and want to work in the medical field. The applicant must have demonstrated a desire to specialise in a medical specialty that affects the health of women and must have taken part in an event or project during the previous year that benefited underserved persons who have periods. Scholarship money will be awarded during the 2022–2023 academic year, and winners who continue to meet the eligibility standards may be eligible for renewal during their senior year. The scholarship grantor may be given the applicants’ contact details.
Host Organisation: UNCF
Donor: Procter & Gamble (P & G)
Scholarship Name: Tampax Flow IT Forward Scholarship.
Eligible Candidate: African American / Black Female – American College Juniors.
Number of Awards: N /A
Benefits: Upto $10000 to African American College Juniors.
Amount Awarded up-to: $10000
Amount Awarded Every Year: Yes
Note: Scholarship decisions will be emailed to Applicants within 12 weeks of the application deadlines.
Tampax Flow IT Forward Scholarship Eligibility
- Candidates must be Black or African American, and a citizen or lawful permanent resident of the US.
- Will be a full-time college junior for the 2022–2023 academic year at any 4-year HBCU that has received accreditation.
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) that is at least 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Must have taken part in at least one, volunteer activity or event that helps a group of persons who are underserved between June 2021 and May 2022.
- Must be dedicated to performing community service in the healthcare industry and have a passion for specialising in any medical profession that affects women’s health, with an emphasis on Black community health.
- Having submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and, as determined by the applicant’s institution, have a documented unfilled financial need.
Also Check: Florida Stormwater Association | FSA Scholarship – $2000 Award
- A recent academic transcript, whether official or unofficial.
- An essay describing the applicant’s participation in a service project or event that serves a population of period-bearers who are underserved and illustrates the applicant’s dedication to the well-being of the Black community.
- One letter of recommendation from a professor, adviser, or staff person who oversaw, coordinated, or took part in the applicant’s (above) service effort or event.
Apply Process for Tampax flow IT forward Scholarship
- To invite a reference to submit a recommendation, applicants must login into their UNCF student account, click to the Application Status page, and select Invite Reference.
- If the initial Reference is unavailable, applicants should invite an alternative Reference.
- The faculty member, advisor, or professor who oversaw, coordinated, or took part in the applicant’s service or volunteer endeavour must write the recommendation.
- This stipulation must be met by the reference in order for the application to be declared “complete.”
- The How to Submit a Letter of Recommendation document (the download link is on the right side of this page under “Supporting Documents”) should be sent to references straight away because the “Invite Reference” feature might be blocked by a firewall.
Must Know before apply
- To confirm their eligibility, UNCF will get in touch with the finalists’ institutions. Awards are not given to ineligible candidates. Those who wish to apply but do not meet the eligibility standards and application requirements should not do so.
- Email submissions of application materials, including letters of recommendation, are not allowed.
- Scholarship money will be sent directly to the recipient’s institution unless otherwise stated.
- If you are having login, password, or other account-related issues, please contact at 202-810-0258 or scholarships@uncf.Org (9 am to 5 pm est).
- Within 12 weeks of the application deadline, applicants will receive emails with scholarship decisions.
Any queries you may have that weren’t covered above can be sent to the provided email address.
Email: email@example.com.Brandi Williams
Application Open Date: 6/21/2022 (12:00 AM EST)
Application Deadline: 8/16/2022 (11:59 PM EST)
Scholarship Page: Click Here
Apply Link: Click Here
UNCF Official website: Click Here
Refrence Form: Click here